Kesha Just Broke Her Silence on Instagram

Kesha, who last week was told she could not break a contract with her alleged sexual assailant and producer, Dr. Luke, finally broke her silence on Tuesday over the case following a massive outpouring of support.

The pop star spoke out on Instagram, thanking her supporters — random fans and high-profile music industry stars alike — for their unconditional gratitude and well-wishes.

"I am beyond words in gratitude," the post reads. "Thank you is not enough but it is all I have. A million times over and forever thank you. The support I have received has left my face swollen from tears. I love you all so much," she wrote, adding that a longer statement on the case was forthcoming.


Kesha has been the subject of intense focus in recent days after a New York judge denied an injunction that would have released the singer from a contract with Sony producer Dr. Luke, whom she says physically, mentally, and sexually abused her for years.

Major industry figures including Kelly Clarkson, Ariana Grande, Lorde, and Lady Gaga have all come out in public support of the singer. On Monday, Taylor Swift donated $250,000 to "help with any of [Kesha's] financial needs during this trying time," according to a spokesperson for Swift.