Justice

Suicide Bomber Was Blocked From Entering Soccer Game, Reports Say

One of the suicide bombers who detonated an explosive vest outside of Stade de France—a soccer stadium where an exhibition match between France and Germany was being played on Friday night in Paris—was turned away from entering the stadium, the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) is reporting.

A security guard at the stadium, identified only by his first name Zouheir, as well as French police confirmed that at least one of the attackers had a ticket to the soccer match. It was reported that 80,000 were in attendance. Fifteen minutes into the game, the attacker allegedly tried to enter the stadium; when he was frisked by security the vest was discovered.

"While attempting to back away from security, Zouheir said, the attacker detonated the vest, which was loaded with explosives and bolts, according to Paris prosecutor François Molins," the Wall Street Journal reported.

French police told the WSJ that the attacker's goal was to detonate the explosive inside of the stadium, and potentially instigate a stampede.

Following the first explosion, which took place outside of the entrance Gate D, according to the New York Times, another attacker detonated a suicide device outside of Gate H; a third suicide bomber detonated a device outside a nearby McDonald's. This part of the coordinated attack killed one civilian.

According to the New York Times, François Molins, the Paris prosecutor said the suicide vests were loaded with an organic, peroxide-based explosive known as TATP. They "all wore the same type of explosive vest, augmented with a special detonator packed with nails to increase the killing capacity," the Times also reported.

The first suicide bomber, was reportedly a 25-year-old man; a Syrian passport was found nearby. That passport has previously been processed in Greece back in October.

 

 

Friday, November 13th, in Paris will be remembered in history.Read more here: http://bit.ly/1QBIcWS

Posted by ATTN: on Friday, November 13, 2015

 

Overall, the multiple attacks, which shook Paris on Friday night, killed 129 and wounded hundreds. The deadliest branch of the attack took place at the Bataclan concert venue; 89 people were killed at an Eagles of Death Metal show.

In another area of Paris, the popular 10th arrondissement, gunmen opened fire at a restaurant. An American freelance journalist shared what he witnessed to NBC news:

 

The French President, François Hollande, who was in attendance at the soccer match, and was quickly whisked away, has called the terrorist attack an "act of war." The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack.

 
A Man Played 'Imagine' Outside the Bataclan in Paris

An unknown man brought a piano to the Bataclan after the Paris attacks and began playing "Imagine," an anthem for peace.

Posted by ATTN: on Saturday, November 14, 2015